Home
Less Is More
Accommodations
Guest Policies
Rental Policy
Directions
History
The Lake


Bob's Cabins came into existence in the 1920s as Jacobson's Cabins, when a new road opened the North Shore to tourist traffic. One of the early attractions of the North Shore, besides its scenic beauty, was an escape from dust and pollution for people with hay fever and asthma. Some families stayed all summer, every year, and fairly intimate communities developed at various resorts. Over 150 rental cabins were built here in the Larsmont area alone. Now only three dozen remain.

Ingvald ("Jake") Jacobson's cabins began as 20 one-room structures along the lake at the edge of an open pasture.

Bob and Doris Sansom bought the resort from Jake in 1948, and they operated a modest but widely respected resort for 29 years. Bob made significant changes by joining cabins and making larger structures, adding porches, plaster boarding interiors, and then adding bathrooms and a water supply. Peg Morris and Ed Landin bought the land and cabins from the Sansoms in 1977.

Peg and Ed really nurtured the environment at Bob's. They planted trees and flowers, began to add decks to the cabins, thoughtfully placed tea and bookmarks in each cabin (we still do!) and wrote the original "News from Bob's Cabins" brochure.

In 1993 Bill Guse bought the resort. Bill continues to run Bob's Cabins with the same care and philosophy he inherited from Peg and Ed. Retaining the older, simpler character and pace of the resort with the cooperation of our guests.

Less is more at Bob's Cabins. The natural environment is what makes this region special, and we try very hard never to forget the impact that our choices make on that environment.


Open Seasonally
May 1st - Mid October
Activities
Gallery